Just wanted to update you with the currents trends with “Web 2.0″ and social networking.
With the U.S. now accounting for only about a third of all Facebook users, we are starting to see a gradual shift away from its original demographic of college-age users (18-25): 46% of all users are 18-25 years old, down from 51% in late May. The number of users in the 18-25 segment is growing, but at a slower pace than the other age groups. Among the major Facebook age segments, the fastest growing are teens (13-17) and young (26-34) to middle-age (35-44) professionals, with the growth in teens driven by non-U.S. markets. Also note the strong growth in the much smaller 45-54 and 55-59 age groups:
In the U.S., 51% of Facebook users are 18-25 years old, down from 59% in late May. But when one looks at other large and/or fast-growing Facebook markets, the share of the 18-25 age group is less than 50% in most of them (click the image to see full-sized):
And a breakdown of where all these new users are based out of (click image for full-size)..
- "Our patients now go to our website much more often, about two to three times as often as they used to, which has been incredible for our retention and internal referrals."
- Dr. Randy Schmidt
- "I was happy to have the expertise with not only the website, but getting patients to see the website and to make that call or come in the door. Last month we had 160 leads from just the website."
- Dr. Robert Klein
- "First and foremost, you seemed to grasp what was needed, and that’s staying in touch with the prospect. There needs to be a relationship with each person, best we can."
- Dr. David Dinsmore
- "Our biggest referral source is the internet."
- Dr. Donald Plourde
- "Colin puts it all together in a way that gets results and saves me time."
- Dr. Robert Matiasevich
- "I’ve done dental marketing in the past with the big dental website guys, and right now there’s no one better than Colin."
- Dr. Avi Weisfogel
- "Right now, everyone wants to be contacted or stay in contact and it’s not the way that we used to do it before."
- Dr. John K. Argeros
- "We hooked up with Colin to give my KillerToothache members Awesome Websites."
- Dr. Yar Zuk
- "You can be the best, most highly trained dentist in the world, but without the ability SELL the patient on needing the treatment, it’s just not going to happen."
- Dr. Sean Tarpenning
- "The first month we went operational, Colin’s webpage work and Google SEO increased our April Contracts and Collections by 25.7% !!! I don’t think I have ever seen an increase like that in 30 yrs. of practice… WOW"
- Dr. Randy Schmidt