Google is obsessive. About pretty much everything.
It’s one quality that makes their products the best in the world. But it can also hurt you if you’re not staying up to date on your Search Engine Optimization strategies.
Last year, Google announced they are now using the time it takes your website to load as a factor in how your website ranks in the searches! They even developed a tool to measure your site’s speed. Here’s Google’s take on why your website’s speed matters:
Google’s goal is to provide users with the most relevant results and a great user experience. Fast sites increase user satisfaction and improve the overall quality of the web (especially for those users with slow internet connections)…
What this means to you is, if you have a lot of flash, rotating images, background noise, or un-optimized code on your website, you’re being penalized by Google!
Here’s a screen shot of SmartBox’s website Site Speed results:
We highly suggest checking your Webmaster Tools (including Site Speed) regularly.
Google’s Webmaster Tools offers tons of critical information such as the search queries your prospects are searching for, errors within your website, crawl rate, and much much more.
You can see if you’re being penalized for having a sluggish website by going into your Webmaster Tools > Labs > Site Performance.
- "Our patients now go to our website much more often, about two to three times as often as they used to, which has been incredible for our retention and internal referrals."
- Dr. Randy Schmidt
- "Not only can he give a good overview of maximizing the internet, but also how to make things more effective and give the marketing a better ROI with phone call tracking."
- Dr. Tom Gibbs
- "Colin diversified me, getting me exposure in all my different dental niches."
- Dr. J.D. Murray
- "I was happy to have the expertise with not only the website, but getting patients to see the website and to make that call or come in the door. Last month we had 160 leads from just the website."
- Dr. Robert Klein
- "First and foremost, you seemed to grasp what was needed, and that’s staying in touch with the prospect. There needs to be a relationship with each person, best we can."
- Dr. David Dinsmore
- "Our biggest referral source is the internet."
- Dr. Donald Plourde
- "Colin puts it all together in a way that gets results and saves me time."
- Dr. Robert Matiasevich
- "I’ve done dental marketing in the past with the big dental website guys, and right now there’s no one better than Colin."
- Dr. Avi Weisfogel
- "Right now, everyone wants to be contacted or stay in contact and it’s not the way that we used to do it before."
- Dr. John K. Argeros
- "There are so many different avenues to market in that these guys have done and done well."
- Dr. Todd Resek